Google +1

Saturday, January 20, 2024

The Clock Is Ticking

 The clock is ticking.

We all know that our time on this planet is limited. Most of us don't dwell on that fact, but sometimes something happens to remind us.

I am at the age where I no longer need an external reminder. My vision isn't what it used to be. I have arthritis that flares up often, causing pain in my fingers. I don't have the strength or the stamina I once had. I don't have the energy I used to have.

And then Tina Turner died. She was older than I am, but still, she died. She had high blood pressure that caused a stroke and that damaged her kidneys. Tina Turner, with her hundreds of millions of dollars and worldwide acclaim, died of maladies that afflict many people. Her money and her fame couldn't save her.

My blood pressure has been a bit high recently, so I made an appointment with my doctor.  I now take a daily pill to control it. I also take a daily pill to lower my cholesterol. 

So yes, the clock is ticking. I have more years behind me than ahead of me.

But I'm not focused on the past. And I'm not focused on what may lie ahead. Instead, I try to focus on what I want to do with whatever time I have left. I want to do as much as I can in the time I have left. I want to travel as much as I can afford to. I want to do as much photography as I can. I want to help make the world a better place by donating to causes most important to me.

And really, that is all any of us can do. Live life with no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment