Google +1

Monday, January 1, 2024

A Year of More

It's January 1, the first day of 366 days in this new year.

I'm wondering what I can do to make this year better than others. I know there will be stress, hurts, disappointments and failures. Every year comes with its own particular assortment of challenges we would rather not have to deal with. But those things are part of each and every life. They can be opportunities for growth and learning.

But each new year also comes with endless opportunities for success, fun, growth, adventures and other things I haven't even thought about yet.

I can't just sit around and hope and wait for the good things to come. I need to dream, to act, to plan, to make the good things happen, and to be open to new things, new experiences, things I have never tried before. 

Today is page one of a 366 page book, whose pages are waiting for me to write upon them. I remember when I was a child looking forward to the start of a new semester. I remember looking at my notebooks filled with blank lined pages and wondering what I would write in those notebooks in the semester ahead. 

I want to make 2024 the year of more. More trips. More photography. More adventures. More peace. More gratitude. More kindness. More living. More patience. More time enjoying this world’s natural beauty. More giving. More wandering with my camera. 

Many thanks for this suggestion about the year of more from the Facebook page of Jeffrey, the Positively Peaceful Pit Bull. And many thanks to photographer and blogger Linda Stager for the inspiration to write this post.

What do you write want to write in your 2024 edition of the book of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment