Google +1

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Foregiveness

Forgiveness is a priceless gift.

It is a gift that should be given freely, both to others and to ourselves. It can be difficult to give, but not forgiving harms only us, not the person we should forgive. 

I know this from personal experience. It took a very long time for me to forgive someone very close to me who hurt me beyond words. But this person was unaware, and probably didn't care, how much I hated him. Eventually I was able to forgive him. He still has no idea, and that's OK. The important thing is that I forgave him, an act that made a difference in how I felt, and still feel. 

Likewise, we need to forgive ourselves for things we regret doing or saying, or not doing or saying, whether the object of our pain forgives us or not. 

So let's start this new year by forgiving others, whether they deserve it or not, and especially by forgiving ourselves. Let's start the year with a clean slate


No comments:

Post a Comment