Google +1

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Ready to Hibernate

I am ready to hibernate. 

Why you may ask? Well, let me tell you why.

There is a big storm hitting my part of the country, which brought an overnight temperature of 21°, with a balmy 9° tonight. And we’re looking at snow and incredibly cold and windy weather. Anybody who knows anything about me knows that I detest cold weather. so that’s the first thing.

Secondly, the cowards in the US Senate voted to acquit the former president who very clearly and obviously and with overwhelming evidence of his guilt incited the January 6 insurrection and tried to overturn the results of a perfectly legal and legitimate election.

The third reason is that I have been searching for a golden retriever to adopt. Goldens are as scarce as hens teeth these days. And if I do find one, it’s in another state and the rescue refuses to adopt out of state. So I finally found a golden in El Paso, my dog and I went to visit last week, and I decided I would like to adopt this dog. She had just been spayed and was unavailable to come home with us just yet. Yesterday I was told that his dog isn’t good with other dogs. So once again, no adoptable golden.

I have, over the course of my adult life, adopted 13 dogs, five of them goldensi (5 1/2 if we count my current dog that is half golden retriever). Never have I had so much trouble finding a dog to adopt. And I’m not willing to settle for a dog that is not a golden. I know what I want, I know what I love, and I’m not going to settle.

The snow will melt. Temperatures will rise ... eventually. But the political fallout and the threat to our nation are not going away any time soon. And golden retrievers will remain scarce. 

So this is why I would be more than happy to hibernate for a few months. Between this endless pandemic that was so incredibly mismanaged by the former traitor-in-chief, and now all of this political and weather bad news, I’m ready to just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment