Google +1

Friday, February 26, 2021

I Need Some Good News

I need some good news.

I really need something good to happen. In the past year, I have had eight planned and paid for trips canceled due to the pandemic. One of my dogs died suddenly of cancer. I had four surgeries to remove kidney stones. I have had four uncomfortable tests for the coronavirus. I have spent hours scouring humane society and rescue group pages in search of a golden retriever to adopt. All I find are countless pit bulls and Chihuahuas, with some cattle dogs thrown in for good measure. I am still waiting for my group (iC in my state) to be able to receive the coronavirus vaccination. In the meantime, people I know in other states, who are several years younger than I am, have received either one or in some cases both Covid vaccinations. Although winter seems to be crawling on its way out, this incessant cold and wind is becoming unbearable.

So yes, I need something good to happen. My remaining dog is lonely as an only dog. I, like so many others, am going stir crazy from being home 23 hours/day. The most excitement I’ve had in nearly 2 months was a shopping trip to Trader Joe’s. How pathetic is that.

Things have got to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment