Google +1

Saturday, August 29, 2020

I Am Tired and I Am Fed Up

I am tired.


  • I am tired of kidney stones and the pain they bring.  
  • I am tired of politics. 
  • I am tired of coronavirus.  
  • I am tired of idiocy and racism and cruelty and violence.  
  • I am tired of divisiveness.  
  • I am tired of lies.  
  • I am tired of hypocrisy.
  • I am tired of people suffering and losing their homes and going hungry while politicians go on vacation and billionaires get even wealthier.  
  • I am tired of watching helplessly as our planet is destroyed and wildlife exterminated in the never-ending pursuit of still more money.  
  • I am tired of our collective refusal to take climate change seriously and to start taking steps to combat it. 
  • I am tired of social media.
  • I am tired of ignorance and stupidity and blind allegiance to an illiterate, lying con artist whose only goals are to become even richer and to become a despot.  
  • I am tired of hearing about Black Americans being shot for simply being Black and therefore suspicious.
  • I am tired of gun violence and the cries of "They're going to take our guns."
  • I am tired of the fear-mongering and gross incompetence of the current administration.
  • I am tired of citizens putting their own wants and desires above the needs of the country. 
  • I am tired of selfishness and greed.
  • I am tired of people turning posts about travel or photography or anything else into opportunities to advocate their political positions. Enough already! I am sick of politics! 
  • I am tired of the lack of civil discourse and rudeness and name-calling.
  • I am tired of this once great country being turned into the laughing stock of the world.
So yes, I am tired and I am fed up and I want to give up. But I won't. I will continue to hope and pray that Nov. 3 will see the beginning of a new, better, more hopeful America.




No comments:

Post a Comment