Google +1

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

I Hate Winter


 I hate winter… I hate winter… I really hate winter.

I see absolutely nothing good about winter. It’s dark. It’s cold. It’s dry and brown and ugly outside. It usually snows once or twice. I feel housebound. All I want to do is sit inside and eat and sleep. I have no energy or desire to do anything. I have been doing a lot of reading so far this winter. Walking the dogs separately every morning when it's below freezing is definitely not the highlight of my day.

The only positive I can see about winter is putting the weighted blanket on my bed. It supposedly helps me sleep better, but I'm not sure it does as I have sleep issues. But it is incredibly warm, which is great on cold nights.

Snow can be beautiful from a distance. The photo shows my view of the Sandia Mountains. But this is as close to snow as I want to get.

I will probably make a pot of chicken noodle soup today. I eat a lot of soup and stew during the winter, and it's nice to make it myself. Homemade food makes the house smell so good, something that packaged foods just can't do. 

Soup, hot herbal tea and hot multigrain cereal are often found on my table. But these things provide only a very brief respite from the cold. 

I can't wait for spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment