Google +1

Saturday, May 7, 2022

The Green Bowls

Tomorrow, May 8, is Mother's Day.

My mom has been gone for nearly 16 years, but every time I use one of her green mixing bowls, I am reminded of her. The bowls are not a set. Each bowl is a different shade of green, and each is a different size. But I still consider them a set.

I have no idea where the bowls came from, or how old they are. But I'm sure they are quite old.


But I treasure them all the same.

And today, of all days, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. I try to limit my consumption of sweets, so I don't bake as often as I would like. I enjoy baking more than cooking, but over the years I have greatly cut back on my baking. But how interesting that today I decided to get one of the bowls from the cabinet and use it to prepare cookie dough.

Is it coincidence that it was this day I decided to use one of the green mixing bowls to make cookies? I don't think so. I believe that something -- or someone -- led me to this decision. And let’s face it. It’s 91° outside – – not exactly a great day to have the oven going as I bake cookies.

Whatever the reason that today is the day I decided to bake, I am grateful for the memory of my mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment