Google +1

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Alone But Not Lonely

Another Christmas alone. 

And that's OK. My siblings and their families live in Oregon. My daughter lives in Kansas. I'm not feeling the so-called Christmas spirit again this year, so my dogs and I will spend a quiet, rainy day at home. I plan to cook some salmon and whatever else sounds good. 

The nice thing about spending time alone is the freedom it gives to eat whatever and whenever I want. If I want to crank up the music, I can. If a nap calls to me, I will nap. I am alone, but I am not lonely.

This time of year is the perfect opportunity to appreciate what I have in life, rather than dwelling on what is missing. I have financial resources that allow me to travel. I have a beautiful house. I have two dogs who love me beyond measure. My health is relatively good. I have plenty of food. I have friends around the world: England, Scotland, Kenya, Tanzania and Russia among them. I have a full travel schedule planned for 2022. I reconnected with family this year.

And best of all, I like being alone. I like my space and my privacy. I prefer to be alone or with a couple of people rather than being part of a large group. That has never made me comfortable. I have already started to think about my goals for next year. 

However you are spending today, take time to celebrate yourself and all you have achieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment