Google +1

Sunday, October 10, 2021

What If

 What if ...

... I totally disconnected from social media? I have been steadily reducing my social media presence for a while. I haven't used my Twitter and Instagram accounts for years. I deleted my photo sharing account on one page. And I spend less and less time on Facebook every week. Do I miss these things? No, I don't.

... I canceled my satellite television subscription? Of the 150+ channels that are allegedly part of my programming package, I probably watch 10 or fewer on a regular basis. Many of the 'channels' are nothing more than infomercials. And I pay roughly $100 each month for this.

... I stopped watching the news all together? I have always prided myself on being up to date on world events, and perhaps I will continue to listen to BBC News. But US news is too depressing. I don't want to hear about the number of covid cases, the ever-growing list of shortages of everything from cereal to lumber, and I'm tired of hearing about the tens of thousands of people swarming our southern border and demanding entry into the US. I'm also tired of the obstructionist policies of the Rethuglican party and its never-ending attempts to destroy our democracy.

... one day soon I failed to get dressed and instead stayed in my comfy pajamas, wrapped up in my warm bathrobe, didn't take the dogs for their daily walk, and just stayed home? I could spend the day reading, watching Netflix, and drinking hot tea.

... I spent more time focused on my photography and improving my knowledge of a foreign language?


I won't make any drastic changes immediately, but thinking about the 'what ifs' certainly raises interesting possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment