Google +1

Friday, July 31, 2020

I Will Do Good

I will do good.

We are in a pandemic that shows no signs of abating any time soon. I am unable to travel. More than half a dozen of my planned trips have been canceled. I feel helpless and powerless. I am not in control of my life. We are all in the same situation, except for those too ignorant to realize that the virus is in control

So what can I do? 

I can, and will, do good. Right now that means that I will continue to spread information about our world's endangered wildlife. I will continue to donate profits from the sale of my photo wall calendars and prints. I will provide more financial support to those on the front lines of protecting our dwindling wildlife populations. I will donate to those in Africa raising funds for food for those from whom the pandemic has taken their livelihood. I will donate more to my local food bank and to Meals on Wheels to make sure that people do not go hungry. I will continue to encourage those who are struggling. It certainly doesn't feel like enough. But this is what I can do.

I have always liked this quote attributed to early 18th century theologian John Wesley (although some argue that there is no proof he actually is the author). 

“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”

Regardless of who wrote this, I find it to be a wonderful message and a great source of inspiration, especially during these difficult times. Whatever small things I do will help others a bit, and it will make me feel less helpless.

Please do whatever you can to help. 

1 comment:

  1. But when the village is all doing what they can, it changes the world. Thank you for this great, uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete