Google +1

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Every Morning

Every morning I wake up with a sense of dread.

Every morning I wonder what new step toward fascism the president* has taken or will take this day.

Every morning I wonder what lies he will tell, which people he will insult, which laws he will flout.

Every morning I, a self-confessed news junkie, dread looking at the headlines online.

Every morning I pray that our country will do the right thing and vote America's most corrupt president* and administration out of office come November 3. 

Every day I dread hearing what illegal acts his stormtroopers (they are not federal police or military; they are hired mercenaries) have committed in Portland and Seattle.

Every day I wonder which of our civil liberties and freedoms he and his fellow miscreants will assault.

Every day I wonder what violent acts the 35 goons he is sending to Albuquerque, the nearest big city to where I live, will carry out against New Mexico citizens.

Every day I watch as the numbers of people dead or ill from the coronavirus skyrocket across the country, due in large part to the inept, uncaring response of this president* who is supposed to act for the benefit of the American people.

Every day I wonder what has been done to harm the earth, the environment and the animals trying to survive.

Every night I go to bed exhausted from being isolated at home and from worry about the survival of my country.

Every night I know I will sleep restlessly for 5 or 6 hours, if I am lucky. 

And every morning, I get up and do all of this yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment