Google +1

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Friendly Ghosts


My house is filled with ghosts -- the friendly kind who remind me of the dogs I have loved and lost.

I have photos of my dogs in my office, watching me as a type or read. I have photos of some of my ghosts in my bedroom, watching over me as a sleep.

And yes, I talk to my ghosts, telling them good morning and good night. I tell them I love them and that I miss them.

My current dog, Jenny, let's me know when the ghost of my recently lost dog, Jett, is in the house. Jett died of bacterial meningitis last month, after being with me just under a year. When Jenny stares at a particular area of the house and growls softly as she did when Jett was alive, I know he is paying us a visit. I can't see him, of course, but dogs have senses that are so much more keen that ours. So I have no doubt that Jett is paying us a visit.

Having photographs of my dogs in my house makes me sad to realize the dogs are no longer here in physical form, but the images help me remember the love we shared, regardless of how long that way.

I hope you have some friendly ghosts in your house as well.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. We have several and are comforted by their "visits".

    ReplyDelete