Google +1

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I Don't Want To Adult Any More

 I have made a decision: I don’t want to adult anymore.

I am, quite simply, tired of being an adult and all the responsibilities and worries that accompany that point in life.

I don’t want to know all the horrible things that are happening in this country and in the world at large. I don’t want to hear about any more mass killings, especially of school children. 

I want to focus my time on doing the things that make me happiest. I want to travel. I want to take tens of thousands of digital photographs. I want to sell some of my photos and photo books and calendars so I can donate all the proceeds to charity. I want to hang out with my dogs. I want to make a difference in the world.

The bottom line is, I am tired of the hatred and the drama and the chaos and the killing so prevalent in this world. I am tired of politicians who believe they are above the law. I am tired of Democrats being removed from office because they happen to stand for something the Republicans in power, only because of rampant gerrymandering, disagree with. I tired of animals being abused and captured and slaughtered for their ivory or for their skins or for their bones to make magic potions. 

I am tired of criminals being arrested and then promptly released before trial to offend again. I am tired of women being treated as second class citizens. I am tired of politicians dictating what books libraries can possess, or what subjects teachers can teach. I am tired of attacks on transgender people and on gay and lesbian people and on anybody who isn’t a straight white Christian male.

I am tired of watching democracies in the United States, Hungary and other countries fight to keep from becoming fascist nations. I am tired of paying far more in income taxes than do the multi-millionaires and billionaires of this country. I am tired of knowing how many people in this country can't afford food or housing. I am tired of the rampant, and increasing, gun violence. 

I'm tired of the wealthy (prime example: the former president of the United States) incite a revolution and not be held to account. 

So yeah, I won't want to be an adult any longer. My daughter, who will turn 30 later this year, used to complain that she hated being a kid, being told what to do, etc. Now she sings a different song. She has a child to support, bills to pay, and so on, just as most people do. She has decided that she no longer likes being an adult.

Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment