Google +1

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Why Do I Bother?

This post has been a long time coming.

I write, and nobody reads what I write.

I post photographs from my travels, and if I'm lucky, 10 people will like an image, while other photographers get hundreds of likes.

I offer photographs for sale, yet I have sold only a handful of prints.

I offer beautiful photo calendars for sale, yet I'm lucky to sell fewer than a dozen.

So why do I bother?  All proceeds from calendar and photo sales go to charity, and I personally match all proceeds.

I am a good photographer. I am a good writer.

I spend a couple hundred of dollars every year on my photography Web site, which remains unvisited. I have chosen not to renew the page when its current term expires on June 3.

Why do I keep doing this when there is so little reward for me and for my chosen charity? Certainly I get a lot of satisfaction from writing and photography. And I guess from now on that will have to suffice.



2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that your blog comes to my email and I read each and every one.

    ReplyDelete