Google +1

Monday, December 21, 2020

My Christmas Wish List

I remember when I was a kid, putting together a list of what I wanted for Christmas each year.

Two of the things I really wanted one year were a record player and a 45 rpm record of one of my favorite songs. It has been many decades since I was a child, and I don't make wish lists any longer. Material things long ago lost their allure. But this year, I do have a list of wishes. Among them are:

  • to adopt a golden retriever from a rescue organization or humane society as a companion for my dog, who now finds himself an only dog following the death of another family dog this month
  • an end to the pandemic
  • vaccinations for everyone who wants one to protect against the coronavirus
  • a new, compassionate administration (that one is coming in 30 days)
  • economic recovery so people can return to work and businesses fully reopen
  • an end to recurring kidney stones
  • being able to travel again
  • the restoration of hope among the populace
  • never hearing or seeing the orange blob ever again

 Free Christmas Presents Clip Art with No Background - ClipartKey

That's it. I have started the search for the golden retriever. I'm making changes to my diet to decrease the chances of developing new kidney stones. I have no control over the other things. I hope that with a new administration that actually cares about the American people and that will lead by example, things will start to get better. Having a country led by actual leaders who work for the benefit of the country rather than their own interests will start to turn this country around.

That would be the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment