Google +1

Friday, January 17, 2020

I Just Don't

I want to become a hermit.

Really. I want to live in a cabin in the woods, without cable television, without Internet. So when our world blows up, I won't hear about it for a long time, if ever. I don't want to hear how many Americans are killed in terror attacks brought about by the ill-thought actions of this country's 'great leader.' 

  • I don't want to hear about the horrific fires in Australia that have killed, so far, 25 people and half a billion animals. 
  • I don't want to hear about animal abusers getting off with a slap on the wrist. 
  • I don't want to hear about an entire wolf pack being exterminated in Norway by close to 200 hunters. 
  • I don't want to hear about how our government is selling out our country to the Russians. 
  • I don't want to hear about more attacks on Jewish communities by white supremacists emboldened by the talk of our so-called president. 
  • I don't want to read about elephants, rhinoceros and lions being slaughtered to feed the insatiable demands of the Chinese and Vietnamese for ivory trinkets and magic potions. 
  • I don't want to read about the destruction of our environment, the oceans filled with thousands of tons of trash, the pollution being dumped into our rivers and lakes. 
  • I don't want to hear about Republican efforts to control a woman's body, to remove health care for millions of Americans or to slash the food stamps on which millions of poor Americans rely.
  • I don't want to hear about how the Republican administration put an American ambassador under surveillance and according to some, wanted to have her killed.
  • I don't want to watch, helpless, as the government works to allow big business to set up mining operations just outside some of our national parks.
  • I don't want to feel helpless as I and other Americans stand by and watch the hate-filled, lying Republicans destroy our country. 
I just don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment