Google +1

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Counting Sheep

Wow, that was really strange!

This morning, I woke up feeling refreshed. That is a very unusual feeling indeed. Most nights I'm lucky to sleep for six hours. Sometimes it takes two to three hours to even fall asleep. Last night, I fell asleep quickly, and I slept more than seven hours. And it was a good sleep, not filled with tossing and turning as usual. 

I've struggled with sleep issues for many years. I have taken sleep classes and read books about sleep. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years ago and now use a CPAP machine at night. Nothing has helped. My entire family has or had sleep issues, something my physician said isn't uncommon. Why this is the case is unknown. Sleeping pills can't, or shouldn't, be used on a regular basis. So getting a really good night of sleep unaided by medication is so nice.

I like to sleep in a cool room, and with nighttime temperatures now in the upper 40s, keeping a bedroom window open makes for perfect sleeping conditions.

All I know is that waking up refreshed after a good night's sleep is a wonderful feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment