Google +1

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Kindness Matters

 I wrote a blog post recently about kaindness.

Yesterday I saw kindness in action. As I was walking to my car with a reusable bag of groceries in one hand and a gallon of milk in the other, a woman who had parked nearby saw me and asked whether I needed help. I thanked her for offering to help, but told her that my car was just ahead.

I really appreciated her kindness in offering to help.
And yesterday the nurse at Passport Health walked outside the building to wait for me, as thue business had moved since my last visit and the building was one of three tan buildings with no signage. Road construction made it difficult to drive to the location, so I ended up walking to the building. The woman who answered the phone tried to direct me to the correct building. She also let the nurse know that I was on my way but couldn't find the correct building. After my appointment, she gave me a bottle of water and drove me to my car. I walked close to 16,000 steps yesterday, much of while trying to find the building.

A few days ago, with kindness on my mind, I let a woman who was struggling down steep stairs while using a cane know that there was an elevator available to her. I said that would be a safer, more comfortable alternative for her. A couple of store employees standing near the break room told her precisely where the elevator is. The steps aren't in great condition, and I always grasp the hand rail if I need to go down those steps. (Unfortunately, that grocery store's public bathrooms are on the second floor -- a bad decision by the designers of the store).

Simple gestures are free and can really make a difference in the recipient's life.
Kindness matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment