Google +1

Friday, April 26, 2024

The Stress Is Back

 It's back.

The fear. The stress. The worry. The chaos.

I thought, I hoped, I prayed, that once the former president lost the 2020 election we would be rid of him. Of his negativity. His hatred. His inane ramblings. His insults. His sucking up to the world's dictators. His incessant lies. His clapping for himself. His clenched fist in the air.

But no, he's back and doing everything in his power to regain the presidency. That so many Americans support this megalomaniac, this sick, twisted, broken, mentally ill person is mind boggling. He is facing 91 felonies in four different jurisdictions. He has been convicted of sexual abuse in one case and accused in several more. He promises to be a dictator from his first day in office. He has vowed vengeance and retribution on those he views as his enemies, which in reality means anybody who fails to praise him .

He openly admires dictators and he reportedly keeps a copy of Hitler's book Mein Kampf on his bedside table. Whether he can actually read is up for debate. He promises to use the FBI and the Department of Justice to bring charges against those he perceives as enemies. 

He is so pathetic that he has fallen asleep during the so-called hush money trials. Not one of his family members has shown up to support him in court. He constantly portrays himself as the victim, proclaiming that he is treated unfairly and is the victim of a witch hunt.

My stress levels are soaring. I refuse to listen to his droning babble. I know I should simply refuse to watch the news. But I spent my career working with members of the news media. I am interested in current events both at home and internationally. So it's a struggle to stay away from the news.

He offers nothing to this country aside from chaos, lies, anger, racism and misogyny.

He needs to go away, permanently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment