Google +1

Sunday, June 23, 2019

I Am Tired

 I admit it. I am tired.

I am physically tired and suffering from jet leg after a trip to southern Africa, which is eight time zones ahead of where I live. I have traveled to Africa 10 different times, but recovering from this jet lag seems more difficult than in the past.

I also am tired of having several appointments I have to deal with. Some are medical appointments, while others involve having work done in my house and in my yard. Since I retired 9 years ago, I hate having any kind of obligations, especially four of them in three days next week.

Another reason I’m tired is because I am constantly having to deal with passwords. I can’t remember all the passwords I have for my many accounts. I’m told not to write them down. I’m told to make each password unique and not to reuse the same password for more than one account. And I’m tired of dealing with so-called customer service people and being put on hold endlessly after repeatedly going through phone trees. Yesterday I made four phone calls in a so far unsuccessful attempt to talk to someone at one of my credit card companies. The fourth time, after being on hold for more than 20 minutes and listening to a recording tell me how important my call is,I hung up. I tried again this morning, went through the same phone tree, was referred to a different department, and was put on hold. Again, I hung up.

I'm tired of seeing the price of just about everything I buy on a regular basis increase each time I go grocery shopping. When it's time to calculate cost of living increases for federal retirees and Social Security recipients, the government always claims there is little to no inflation. The result is a paltry 2 percent raise, if we're lucky. Of course, my monthly deposit decreases every year due to increases in the cost of Medicare and other health insurance premiums. 

I'm not suffering financially. I planned ahead; and I saved for my retirement. But it's pretty depressing to see my monthly income decrease each year when it costs more and more to pay for life's necessities such as food.

Another reason I'm so tired is due to the current corrupt, clueless and heartless Republican administration in the White House and Senate. From tearing immigrant children from their parents and locking them in cages under filthy conditions, to destrying environmental protections to cozying up to some of the world's worst despots, this administration gets the prize for worst administration in decades -- and perhaps forever.

So yeah, I'm tired. I will recover from the jet lag in a few more days. I will work my way through next week's list of appointments and obligations. I don't know, however, how I will survive the words and actions of the current administration. All I can do is hope that a majority of American voters comes to its senses and votes in a new, sane administration that has at least some semblance of concern for the average American. Until and unless that happens, I will remain tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment