Google +1

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Some Random Thoughts

Random thoughts on a Sunday afternoon:

  • I don't care who wins the Superbowl today. (I refer to it as the Stupidbowl). I won't be watching it. 
  • It reached 60 degrees F outside, so I opened one of the dining room windows just to let some fresh air into the house, which has been closed up tightly for several months.
  • It really felt good to drop off a load of no-longer-wanted or needed stuff (backpack, camera bag, clothing, Beanie Babies, etc.) to a thrift store that supports a local dog rescue. Plus, it clears out space in my closet.
  • How early is too early to start packing for a trip?
  • Today is International Golden Retriever Day, a day to honor the best dogs in the world. I have been blessed to share my life with 5-1/2 goldens, all of them rescues. The half golden is my current dog, a golden retriever/corgi mix. He has the coat, ears and tail of a golden, as well as the typical golden personality, in the body of a corgi.
  • No matter how many times I do my income taxes, it’s always a pain in my behind. It’s not just paying the taxes; it’s all the work involved in preparing them. Using a computer program to do my taxes is certainly a whole lot easier than in the old days when I did them with a pencil and calculator. But there’s still so much information that has to be gathered, reviewed and entered. 
  • Business must be slow for personal injury attorneys, as any time I turn the television on all I see are ads for ambulance-chasing lawyers. 
  •  To the scammers who daily inundate my in-box with their never-ending ads for exotic girls from every corner of the world, quick and easy loans and all kinds of other stupid stuff, sending me the same email 10 times a day will not make me more likely to respond to your scams. 
That’s it for the first Sunday in February.



No comments:

Post a Comment