Google +1

Saturday, August 12, 2017

The World in Black and White

While on vacation in Kenya recently, I decided to experiment with my camera's 'monochrome' setting, which allows me to take photographs in black and white.

We were watching a large herd of elephants trying to decide whether to cross a crocodile-infested river. The animals had been standing in the river for several minutes, so this was a good opportunity to switch the camera to 'monochrome.'

When I got home, I submitted one image (I would have submitted more but my computer was acting up) to a photo contest at www.viewbug.com. You can see the image here: https://www.viewbug.com/photo/74378314?type=myaward  and below.  I was pleased the next day to see that a fellow photo enthusiast had given this image a peer award. 




I took a couple other shots in monochrome as well.


















Finally, I took this image of several Samburu warriors celebrating and dancing. 





 I don't think I will switch all of my photography to black-and-white, but it's fun to see the world from a different perspective once in a while.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment