Google +1

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Resolution-Free New Year

It's January ,2 the start of a new year.

I'm not one to make a bunch of resolutions. I set goals for myself, primarily related to exercise and weight, but that's about it.

My biggest goal is just to be happy and to enjoy my life. I want to be mindful of my blessings, share my good fortune with others, support my daughter however I can, and get the most from the amazing trips scheduled this year. While I'm at it, I would like to improve my photography skills and do a better job of promoting my photography Web site (http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-ann-sullivan.html) 

If I can finally find a place with the kind of weather I like, affordable housing and mountains, I might decide to move. But so far that perfect place remains elusive. 

So those are my plans for 2016. The older I get, the more I focus on the present, knowing that how much future I will have is out of my control. Please, take time to enjoy this life. It's the only one you have. Don't waste it on pettiness, anger, backstabbing, gossip or any of the other negative things that can fill our lives. Appreciate the good things, let go of the bad things. Let those you love know how you feel about them. Get out and enjoy this beautiful world. And don't forget to make time for yourself.

I wish you all a happy, peaceful, prosperous and kind 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment