I do. Despite all the things that have been causing me stress recently, I know that I am blessed.
- One of my little dogs was sick recently. We never did figure out the reason. But I am blessed to have access to good veterinary care, including a variety of specialists, to try to figure out what was wrong with her.
- With the arrival of cold weather, which I hate, I am blessed to live in a nice house to keep me safe and warm, and to be able to pay for the propane to keep it warm inside.
- Unlike many in the state where I live, I am blessed to have enough to eat. I do not have to worry about where I will get my next meal. My pantry and freezer are overflowing with food. So I buy canned goods and other non-perishable foods when on sale, so I can donate them to food drives throughout the year.
- I am blessed to have access to safe, clean drinking water.
- I am blessed with good health. I can see, hear, walk and take care of myself.
- I am recovering from a pulmonary issue that has left me coughing and having breathing difficulties. Fortunately, a trip to a local urgent car center provided testing and medications. Fewer than 24 hours later, I am much improved. And all of this at no out-of-pocket cost to me because of Medicare and private insurance.
- I have a good, reliable car to get me where I want to go.
- I have a pension and savings to pay for unexpected bills, such as the new furnace I'm getting next week.
- I am blessed that my daughter is happy and healthy, and has a good job and a great boyfriend.
- I am blessed to live in a country that allows me to move wherever I choose to live, to worship as I please and to live my life the way I want to live it.
- I am blessed to have clothes to keep me warm in the winter. Many do not, and suffer through the cold winter weather.
So no, our lives aren't perfect, but we are blessed to have the lives we have.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and please share your blessings with those less fortunate.