Google +1

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Golden Ghosts

I am very excited to announce that Natural Habitat Adventures, a wonderful outdoor adventure travel group, has named my photo of elephants by the Chobe River in Botswana as its July 8, 2015, wildlife photo of the day!

The announcement reads "Congratulations, we’ve chosen your photo “Golden Ghosts" as
the Wildlife Photo of the Day!  We receive hundreds of entries each month, so you should be very proud of winning a spot among some of the world’s greatest wildlife photographers...

We’ve also shared your photo with our followers on the Wildlife Photo of the Day FacebookTwitterPinterest, and Instagram pages.  Check them out, and make sure to follow us if you don’t already!"

The image can be found at http://dailywildlifephoto.nathab.com/photos/663-golden-ghosts-07-08-2015

The elements of this photograph were a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. The setting sun gave the air a golden glow. The elephants kicked up the dust. And I happened to be out on a late afternoon game drive on my first day in Botswana.

Another of my photographs was used in the travel catalog of the outdoor adventure group Backroads a couple of years ago. Although I am an avid amateur photographer, recognition by others of my photographs is always a real thrill for me.

This and other high-resolution photos are available for purchase in a variety of formats at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-ann-sullivan.html



No comments:

Post a Comment