Winter weather is definitely not one of my favorite things. But there are a few good things about this time of year:
- Lying on my wonderful bed, snuggled between flannel sheets and covered by several warm blankets.
- Listening to my 14-year-old dog sleeping, and sometimes snoring, in her bed.
- Making homemade macaroni and cheese from a new recipe.
- Drinking a cup of hot tea as I read the morning paper.
- Eating hot soup or chili to ward off the cold.
- Enjoying a bowl of hot oatmeal or multi-grain cereal for breakfast.
- Putting on a warm cotton sweater and cozy socks.
- Feeling the temperature inside the house rise after I turn up the thermostat.
- Feeling my car seat warm up once what I call the 'bun warmer' is activated.
- Contacting a real estate agent in Tucson to start the search for a winter home so I no longer have to put up with this awful winter weather.
Do you see a pattern here? Most of my favorite winter things are about getting me warm. Snow-shoeing, skiing and ice skating are NOT on my list of favorite winter things. I passed up a hike recently because the weather was too cold and windy to enjoy a nice hike. Staying warm definitely is one of my favorite things.
I don't have a lot of good things to say about winter. But at least there is a handful of things I can enjoy while I eagerly await the arrival of spring.