These are the things that make my life sweet:
- Enjoying a hot cup of my favorite tea while reading the morning paper.
- Seeing the morning sunshine fill my living room with warmth and light.
- Taking a walk on a nice day and being in awe at the beauty of the azure sky and the mountains.
- Hearing coyotes howl in the distance
- Being welcomed by a wolf or wolf-dog I know with kisses, whines and wagging tails
- Snuggling with my old dog as she rests her head on my hand
- Doing something fun with my teenage daughter
- Capturing a scene with my camera just as I saw it in my mind
- Sitting on the patio, watching my dogs explore the yard
- Listening to my favorite music
- Getting some hoped-for good news
- Enjoying that brief time in the morning just before waking up, when I appreciate the comfort and warmth of my wonderful bed
- Feeling relaxed and clean after a warm shower
- Driving with the sun roof open
- Eating fresh blackberries, big and sweet
I love this quote attributed to Confucius: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." This year, I will try to simplify my life by decluttering my home and by focusing on the simple things that bring me joy.