Google +1

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Simple Things

It's a new year, and time to think about the things in our lives we want to change. For me, it's also time to think about the simple things that bring me pleasure. It is so easy to overlook the little things as we get caught up in the rush and noise of modern life.

These are the things that make my life sweet:
  • Enjoying a hot cup of my favorite tea while reading the morning paper.
  • Seeing the morning sunshine fill my living room with warmth and light.
  • Taking a walk on a nice day and being in awe at the beauty of the azure sky and the mountains.
  • Hearing coyotes howl in the distance
  • Being welcomed by a wolf or wolf-dog I know with kisses, whines and wagging tails
  • Snuggling with my old dog as she rests her head on my hand
  • Doing something fun with my teenage daughter
  • Capturing a scene with my camera just as I saw it in my mind
  • Sitting on the patio, watching my dogs explore the yard
  • Listening to my favorite music
  • Getting some hoped-for good news
  • Enjoying that brief time in the morning just before waking up, when I appreciate the comfort and warmth of my wonderful bed
  • Feeling relaxed and clean after a warm shower
  • Driving with the sun roof open
  • Eating fresh blackberries, big and sweet
I love this quote attributed to Confucius: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." This year, I will try to simplify my life by decluttering my home and by focusing on the simple things that bring me joy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment