Google +1

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Grateful for Small Miracles

I thought this was going to be a good day. I slept well last night and didn't get up until just before 7 a.m..

I WAS WRONG!

I was driving home after finally going to order a new pair of glasses and sunglasses, something I have been putting off for months because of the cost. I got a great deal (50% off lenses and frames). So far, so good. Then I got into a car accident on Saratoga near 280 (a terrible intersection that I try to avoid).

A young woman hit the right side of my SUV with her Acura. The accident, fortunately, sounded much worse than it was. We pulled into a gas station parking lot to assess the damage. No one was injured, her car suffered a dented and scratched front bumper, and my small SUV suffered some scratches below the passenger door on the plastic cladding and a couple of small scratches on the paint. It isn't serious enough to warrant a repair. We exchanged information just in case something develops in the next few days. She was very apologetic and took full responsibility for the accident. I am shaken, but unhurt.

I am so grateful that no one was hurt and that the damage to my vehicle was so minor. Traffic was heavy and neither of us was going very fast. I am thankful that the young woman stopped and that she took responsibility for causing the accident. Things could have been so much worse. I am hopeful that the rest of the day, and the weekend, will be better. It's a beautiful day and I'm about to go running. Breathe, Ann, breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment