Google +1

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Just Plain Tired

You know, I am just plain tired.

I'm not so physically tired despite sleeping at most 6 hours a night. But mentally and emotionally, I am exhausted. 

I am tired of this pandemic. I am tired of people refusing to wear masks and take other simple steps to stop the spread of the virus. I am tired of the chaotic and inept response to rolling out coronavirus vaccinations. I am tired of being told the time when I can get vaccinated is being pushed back yet again.

I am tired of people who leave their dogs' poop all over the road and on walking trails. I am tired of seeing trash everywhere in my nice neighborhood.

I am tired of Trump, of Republicans and conservatives trying to rewrite history and overturn an election. I am tired of politics in general and of a political campaign and political controversy that have gone on forever. I turned off the news early yesterday because I just couldn't watch yet another story about the pandemic or about last week's insurrection.

I am tired of doctors' offices that don't return patients' phone calls. I am tired of not being able to travel. I am tired of winter and cold weather. I am tired of watching television. I am tired of reading. I am tired of being bored. I am tired of 'social media' and its platforms for hate, lies and misinformation. I am tired of technology such as the Internet and e-mail and cell phones, which despite their usefulness, have become little more than sources of incessant spam e-mails and phone calls.

I am tired of spending my 'golden years,' when I should be enjoying life, traveling and taking beautiful photographs, sitting at home, alone and isolated, watching my country being attacked by a bunch of seditionists.

I am beginning to think we never will have normal lives again, because we seem, as a nation, incapable of doing what is necessary to get this pandemic under control. Too many people, after refusing to wear masks and stay home, now are saying they won't get the vaccine to protect them, and the rest of us, from this deadly virus. Already the virus has mutated several times. The most recent mutation is up to 70 percent more contagious than the previous version. 

So yes, I am tired. So very tired. Congratulations, people. You and your political 'leaders' have turned America into a Third World country.

No comments:

Post a Comment