Google +1

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hating and Hoping

There are so very many things I hate about the current administration.

If I made a list, it would probably take up at least a full page. But one of the things I really hate is what this administration, its corruption and its self-serving policies, have done to me.

Living for the past 3 1/2 years under this administration has made me hate. I was raised not to hate anybody. But, do you know what? I hate Trump. I hate his voice. I hate his bleached fake hair. I hate his orange skin. I hate the white rings around his eyes. I hate his baggy suits. I hate his exceedingly long red tie. I hate his constant whining. I hate his constant complaints about how unfair to him the entire world is. I hate his constant lies. I hate his insults of politicians or, for that matter, anybody who doesn’t bow down in slavish obeisance to him. I hate what he has done to this country‘s reputation around the world. I hate how he has insulted and alienated our allies. I hate how he has sucked up to some of the worst dictators in the world. I hate that he has stood by, idle and silent, as his good friend Putin has paid Afghan insurgents a bounty for each American soldier they kill. I hate that his response to any credible report of misdoing by him and his fellow miscreants is to call it a hoax. I hate that he has bungled America's response to the coronavirus pandemic so badly that more than 183,000 Americans have died -- many unnecessarily -- of this virus. I hate that he and his fellow rethuglicans continue to put a greater value on money than on human lives. I hate his arrogance that has grown to the point where he and his fellow mobsters no longer pretend to do the right thing. I hate his defense of white supremacists and the Confederate flag -- a symbol of a failed attempt to destroy the union and continue the enslavement of millions of people.

So yeah, this administration has driven me to hate. I refuse to watch or listen to any news story that includes him. I am astounded that current voter polls show that far too many voters still support this illiterate, corrupt, incompetent buffoon. I pray that our country will survive until this chump is voted out of office. I hope that those who voted for him in 2016 will open their eyes and come to their senses. Far from making America great, he has cost thousands of people their lives, millions their jobs, and made this country a pitiable laughingstock to the world.

I believe that once he is gone (preferably behind bars), my need to hate will disappear. Hating is not a thing I want to do. Hating doesn't affect the object of one's hate, but it does hurt the hater. For that reason, and that reason alone, I am trying not to hate him and all that he stands for.

But it is an uphill battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment