Google +1

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Kicking 2018 to the Curb

I am very happy to soon put the year 2018 in the rear view mirror.

This was not a particularly good year for me. Every year has its ups and downs, of course, and 2018 was no exception. My eye problems continued, leaving me with limited vision in one eye after repeated surgeries. I picked up a 'bug' of some sort in Ethiopia that left me quite sick for nearly a week. Other transient health issues appeared. My investments have tanked, along with those of anybody invested in the US stock market. Family issues abound, with resolution yet unknown. Two of my dogs have taken turns being sick. And the year's parting insult is an apparently infected finger that is very painful and swollen. There is no obvious cut or other damage. I'm hoping that soaking it in warm water will help.

On the plus side, I got to travel to some amazing places. I went to Ethiopia and got to see the endangered Ethiopian wolf. I traveled again, twice, to Yellowstone, to Colorado to see the gorgeous fall colors, to Tanzania on a wildlife photography safari, and to Alaska to photograph grizzly bears. I also visited Nicaragua, and I met a friend in Rio de Janeiro for a two-week adventure in Brazil's Pantanal in search of jaguars, giant anteaters and other amazing animals.

But overall, I'm more than happy to kick 2018 to the curb. Let's hope 2019 brings more peace, more stability and less insanity to the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment