Google +1

Saturday, May 5, 2018

I Cannot Imagine

After watching and reading the news on a daily basis for my entire adult life, I cannot imagine
  • being angry enough or hating someone enough to kill them
  • getting pleasure from killing an animal, any animal, for fun or so I can hang its head on my wall
  • hating any group of people -- gender, ethnic group or religion -- enough to discriminate against them
  • abusing any creature, whether human or non-human animal
  • showing total disregard for our planet, our only home
  • bullying someone because he/she is somehow 'different'
  • being so greedy that I am willing to step on others
  • blowing myself up to kill others for some supposed religious conviction
  • doing anything illegal
  • doing anything that would destroy my reputation
  • doing something that will hurt someone who cares about me
  • attacking, either physically or verbally, someone whose only offense is looking or dressing or speaking differently

What brought this topic to mind was reading stories in the news, and then shaking my head in disbelief that anybody would actually do these things. Case in point: Some bimbo proudly posing with the corpse of a giraffe she has just shot. I can't imagine doing this, and I certainly don't understand why anybody would want to do this.And no one with a conscience would proudly display the efforts of her killing.

We are all human beings. We share the same number of chromosomes. We share the same four blood types. We all have 206 bones in our bodies. We share the same dreams for safety, security and love. Humans are supposedly the pinnacle of evolution, the smartest and most advanced of all the animal species. 

It's time we start acting like it.
This world is filled with things that seem unimaginable to most of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment