Google +1

Sunday, December 24, 2017

My Grown-Up Wish

This is my grown-up Christmas wish list. I wish that

  • people don't hate each other because of their religion, the color of their skin, where they were born or whom they love 
  • everyone who wants a safe place to live has one
  • people no longer need to flee their country to feel safe
  • the environment is safe from pollution and harmful exploitation
  • wild animals are no longer hunted as trophies or for 'fun'
  • Congress finds the courage to address the growing gun violence in America
  • school children no longer fear being shot while getting an education 
  • chronic hunger is a thing of the past 
  • our elected officials finally put the best interests of the country and its people above the wants of the party
  • violence against others, both human and non-human, is relegated to the dust bin of history
There is nothing I want or need for myself. I have spent this year getting rid of stuff (books, CDs, clothing and furniture) I no longer want, need or enjoy. This process of purging things from my life will continue in 2018. My focus now is on doing good where I can, and on having memorable experiences.

Whatever is on your Christmas wish list, I hope your holiday is filled with good times, good friends and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment