Google +1

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Independence Day: A Photographic Celebration


A few years ago, I was riding my bicycle on July 4 when I came upon preparations for an Independence Day parade in a village near where I live.

It had been several years since I had watched a parade, so I stopped and waited for the parade to begin. As parades go, this one wasn't very big. But it included a variety of participants: veterans, people on horseback, kids on bicycles, old pickup trucks, costumed dogs, folks in Civil War-era costumes, people riding in a cart pulled by goats, and a semi representing a local Arabian horse breeder. There also was an Hispanic group that marched, along with some Native Americans in traditional dress. 

This was small town America at its finest, celebrating our nation's independence and the things that bring us together as a nation.So as we approach our nation's 241st birthday, I'd like to share some photos I took at various July 4 parades around our country. Regardless of what the current president claims, America still is a great country.
 


 

 












Main Street, York, SC, during a recent visit







No comments:

Post a Comment