Google +1

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Walk in the Dark

What makes an otherwise normal, sane person crawl out of a wonderful, comfy, warm bed at 4:45 a.m. and take her dogs for a walk? It's still pitch black outside, the wind is blowing at 15 mph or worse, it's cold, and my cup of hot tea is cooling in the house.

I should be at home, if not in bed, at least wrapped in a warm, fleece robe, drinking my tea, listening to classical music and reading the morning paper. Instead, I'm freezing my tail off as my dogs happily sniff the markings of other dogs who have passed this way, presumably in warmer weather. And of course, there is the ever-present plastic poop bag in my pocket, ever ready to do its nasty chore. But today, I got lucky. There was no poop to pick up and carry until we got home.

I once again dismissed the thought of going running this morning, as I did yesterday for the same reasons. Maybe I'll go after work, when I can at least see where I'm going and it won't be quite so cold outside. For now, I will enjoy my tea and a hot shower and prepare for the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment